Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Art of Ridiculous

It is an art form that is being refined everyday…the art of being ridiculous. Only in American can we reform something so well that it becomes an acceptable form of communication, story-telling and even religion.
There are stories in the news, on television and even in the streets every day reciting how someone somewhere has made yet another decision that not only sparks of irresponsible or downright meanness but ridiculous to the point of being…well…almost unbelievable.
So who am I? I am the simple observer. I watch the world around me on a daily basis as we, as a nation, continue to accept our lives being handed to us through spoonfuls of something sweet, (coated in oil, iPods, laptops, the internet, promises of a better tomorrow…) in order to hide the taste of our waning civil rights, disappearing privacy and sense of freedom while our quality of life crashes to the ground in a fiery ball wrapped in our most recent bank statements and stock portfolios. What is even more amazing is the consistent finger pointing. From space America must look like a porcupine with all those fingers in the air. Now, no one is apparently to blame, taxpayers are bailing out the government and trust me fellow observers…before it is over they will end up blaming the very people who bailed them out…us…somehow this will all end up the fault of the American tax payer.
So…here I sit ready to point out the trends, the lies, and the stupidity and yes…the ridiculousness of it all. I have to do something because if I don’t I’ll just go numb ……

No comments:

Post a Comment